Monday, May 7, 2012

Postcard #7: Elvis Presley



Caption: Elvis Presley, Tupelo, Mississippi, 1956
Photograph: Roger Marshutz

Even thought this iconic picture of Elvis was taken in Mississippi, the postcard was actually purchased at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

For those of you who have never been to the Hall of Fame, I highly recommend it; I am by no means an expert in Rock & Roll - frankly, I'm not that much of an expert in any type of American classics - but I still enjoyed it immensely. They had a diverse enough genres of music - from Gospels, R&B, to Heavy Metal, and some stuff that I didn't even think would be featured - that I knew more names than I thought I would. It's pretty fun to just walk through all the memorabilia, or sit and listen to all the biggest hits from the biggest stars. If you're into American music at all, it's worth going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment