Sunday, May 20, 2012

Postcard #19: Helsinki, Finland




Caption: The Market Square, Helsinki, Finland
Photo: Antero Vartia
Postmarked: May 27, 2011
(Ari series #6)

Here we have the last postcard that Ari sent during this trip. I was a bit surprise when I received this postcard; usually when I receive postcards from people on vacation, they feature heavily on famous attractions and other nationally iconic things. But this was actually a really nice card to receive from a series of "tourist" postcards: It gives you a sort of wound down, relaxed feeling - and it's certainly a good way to end a 2-week vacation. (And of course, the scenery is extremely European, if nothing else).

I also really enjoy the stamp; I actually really prefer to have a stamp featuring the flag of the country before I collect the other "special" stamps, so this was super nice to have in the collection. While I do have a friend in Finland (Hi Mosh!), we usually send each other packages and pay the post office for a boring little barcode sticker. Maybe I can convince Mosh to send me some used stamps (wink wink!).

Details of Helsinki can be found on Ari's travel blogs here, here, and here.

And this concludes the "Ari special" Eastern Europe postcard series! (It also concludes Ari's vacation lol). Hope you guys enjoyed it. And we'll return to the regular programming now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment