Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Postcard #14: London


Caption: London. Piccadilly Circus
Photo: none credited
Postmarked: May 15, 2011
(Ari series #1)

Hi everyone! It's exactly a year since my boyfriend Ari went on his 2-week trip to Eastern Europe. He sent me a series of postcards, one by one, which I've decided to showcase in the next several blogs. Interestingly, the postcards were a perfect way to keep track of all the places he's been, especially since he went through a few countries (including Russia, Poland, and Belarus). Anyway, please note that I won't be talking too extensively about these postcards - anyone that wants to know more should visit Ari's travel blog that describes his trip in details.

The first is a postcard from London, featuring the prominent red telephone booths. The postcard is mostly black and white except for Red and a few selective street lights. As I've said before, I'm always intrigued about this type of selective highlighting in photography. Another interesting thing is that I actually though this postcard was a collage at first glance - my mind just doesn't want to blend the phone booths with the rest of the picture.

Stay tune for Warsaw...

No comments:

Post a Comment